Community ServiceOutreach Int'l |  Network Ministries

The NETWORK of Community Ministries
Providing Short Term Assistance for Long Term Independence
1114 Commerce
Richardson, Texas 75081
(972) 234-8880

Mission Statement:
The purpose of The NETWORK is to respond to human needs and to serve as an educational and consciousness-raising agency concerning all issues which affect those in need in our community.

Who We Are:
The NETWORK is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) community service center supported by a coalition of churches, religious, civic, and social organizations, businesses and individuals serving primarily the Richardson Independent School District area.

What We Do:
The following represents our basic philosophy:

  • We're here to be a bridge for people - to help them over a difficult time
  • We never do anything for our clients that they can and should do for themselves
  • We provide short term assistance for long term independence
  • Not being able to feed your kids or pay the rent isn't a "problem", it is a symptom. Our job is to find out what the problem is, what the client is doing to avoid this problem in the future, and how we can work together with the client to get the client back on their feet.
  • We empower, not rescue
  • We don't judge, but we do evaluate

Services We Provide:

  • Food
  • Clothing
  • Limited financial assistance for:
    • Rent and Utilities
    • Prescriptions
    • Bus Tickets
    • Gasoline
  • Referrals for:
    • Doctors
    • Dentists
    • Car Repairs
    • Counseling
    • Shelter, and much more

How We're Funded:
85% of our funding comes from member organizations. The other 15% comes from local businesses, individuals, fund raising events and private grants. We accept no government funds and are not a United Way agency. There are no "dues" or "membership fees." Each member organization sets its own level of support.

How We Network with Other Agencies:
We work with the Greater Dallas Community of Churches (G.D.C.C.) Hunger Task Force, which is a group of over 25 agencies like The NETWORK who serve Dallas County. Through this group we share information on trends and resources. We also network with the agencies and churches in our immediate area to ensure that clients don't either fall through the cracks or abuse our services..

The Origin of The NETWORK:
The NETWORK was started in 1986 by what was then the Richardson Ministerial Alliance (now Interfaith Alliance) as a response to the increasing number of people coming to the churches for help. We started with 32 member organizations - 22 were religious organizations and 10 were social, civic and service groups.

The NETWORK Clinic:
The purpose of our Clinic is to meet the health care needs of children of low-income working parents. The clinic serves families who cannot afford a private doctor, are not on Medicaid, and cannot spend the day at Parkland Hospital. Children from birth to age 21, living in the Richardson Independent School District, are eligible for clinic services.

The Clinic does not provide the following services:

  • Vision and hearing screenings
  • Gynecological care
  • Pregnancy testing and prenatal care
  • Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
  • Screening for Attention Deficit Disorder
  • Drug abuse treatment
  • Non-emergency dental care

Clinic hours are by appointment only.

Some Highlights:

  • The NETWORK has assisted over 70,000 families since 1986
  • Over 300,000 pounds of food are distributed each year
  • More than 1,000 patients are seen annually by The NETWORK's Clinic
  • Over 300 volunteers are the heart of The NETWORK

For Information on How You Can Help:

Write or call us, or visit our location:

The Network of Community Ministries.
1114 Commerce
Richardson, Texas 75081

Phone: (972) 234-8880

Community Service | Outreach Int'l | . | Network Ministries